TINY HOME SYSTEMS
Typically in a tiny home or shed, you will need to power LED lights, charge phones, run a laptop, perhaps a water pump and maybe a fridge. This setup is unlikely to use more than 2kw at any one time and space may be at a premium.
A 24v system can use smaller cabling, and a smaller charge controller for a given PV array, and our suggestion opposite uses 2kw of PV, a 2kw Multiplus Inverter/Charger, to give you the option of powering from a generator or other external source should the solar not provide sufficient charging, or you want to run something that uses more than the 2kw that the inverter/charger can provide.
You can monitor what is being produced using a bluetooth connection to the SmartSolar charge controller, and see how your batteries are performing using the BMV-712 battery monitor.
Two 110ah AGM batteries in parallel (positive to negative) will give you one 24v battery at 110ah. We provide properly sized cables made up to suit.
Here's what you might need -
- 24v complete 3000W solar kit with Victron Multiplus 3000, BMV-712 battery monitor, 110Ah Lithium battery, cables and isolators. From: €4,751.74
- 12v 335W system including MPPT charger, connectors, 90Ah AGM Battery €705.02
- Small shed starter kit - 115w PV panel, Smartsolar controller and 60Ah AGM battery From: €500.53
- 12v 1kW Complete solar kit with 3x 340w JA Solar panels, 165ah AGM Battery, Victron SmartSolar MPPT controller, 1.2kw inverter, breaker and cables From: €2,367.67
- 24v complete 2000W solar kit with Victron EasySolar 3000, BMV-712 battery monitor, 220Ah Deep cycle battery, cables and isolators. €3,419.33
Questions? we'll do our best to help
Off Grid home
You have a house or building that you want to run completely off grid using battery storage, and solar PV
Van / bus conversion
Converting and fitting out a camper van, bus or RV? Then start here.
Tiny home, outbuilding
If you’re fitting out a small space these systems are the place to start.
Energy Storage home
You have a mains/grid connection but want some energy storage to minimise bills and to give you backup in the event of a power cut.