TINY HOME & shed SYSTEMS
Typically in a tiny home or shed, you will need to power LED lights, charge phones, run a laptop, perhaps a water pump and maybe a fridge. This setup is unlikely to use more than 2kw at any one time and space may be at a premium.
A 24v system can use smaller cabling, and a smaller charge controller for a given PV array, and our suggestion opposite uses 2kw of PV, a 2kw Multiplus Inverter/Charger, to give you the option of powering from a generator or other external source should the solar not provide sufficient charging, or you want to run something that uses more than the 2kw that the inverter/charger can provide.
You can monitor what is being produced using a bluetooth connection to the SmartSolar charge controller, and see how your batteries are performing using the BMV-712 battery monitor.
Two 110ah AGM batteries in parallel (positive to negative) will give you one 24v battery at 110ah. We provide properly sized cables made up to suit.
Here's what you might need -
- Shed kit - 400w solar panel, 90Ah AGM battery, MPPT controller, optional 400w inverter From: €748.34 ex VAT
- Remote lighting - 1.6kw PV panels / 2kva inverter 2.4kw battery. 24v system From: €3,684.78 ex VAT
- Remote supply - 2.4kw PV / 3 kw inverter-charger / 2.4kw Dyness lithium battery From: €4,153.37 ex VAT
- Van kit - 1.6kw inverter/charger, 215w solar, 165ah AGM Battery, BMV-712 Battery Monitor, Split charge relay
- Van kit - 3kw inverter/charger, 430w solar, 100ah Lithium Battery, BMV-712 Battery Monitor, Cerbo GX, Split charge relay
Questions? we'll do our best to help
Off Grid home
You have a house or building that you want to run completely off grid using battery storage, and solar PV
Van / bus conversion
Converting and fitting out a camper van, bus or RV? Then start here.
Tiny home, outbuilding
If you’re fitting out a small space these systems are the place to start.
Energy Storage home
You have a mains/grid connection but want some energy storage to minimise bills and to give you backup in the event of a power cut.